Wednesday, February 8, 2012

A COUPLE OF KITCHEN TRICKS...

Not those kinds of tricks, I would have to change the rating if I told you about those. I'll save those for Diary of a mad drag queen. No practical advice to help you and maybe others at the same time. Oprah has assured me that even if you are not using your kitchen appliances at this minute, they are still drawing energy, that we pay for. So I unplug them when not in use. Okay, that was easy, except my coffee pot and electric can opener both have black cords and I am forever plugging in the can opener and wondering why the coffee is not brewing. The light in my brain went on! All of those bread twists that I have been hording now have a function. Wrap one around (not under) the plug on the one you use the most and TADAA. Sure I could use even less energy if I used that hand job (no pun intended) but why take a chance on breaking or chipping a nail???
And speaking of can openers, please take the following seriously. After opening a can and emptying the contents, put the lid in the can and then squeeze the top closed to keep the lid in the can. One night I kicked a trash bag (get real it was an accident) and a lid cut thru my pantyhose and cut my toe. Anyone caring the bag to the curb could be in danger, the trash man and anyone that walks around the trash dump, including hungry animals, could be hurt and it only takes a minute to be safe. Auntie Stella

No comments: